The Prime Minister announced that New Zealand is raising the alert to level 4 at midnight tomorrow. Once level 4 is in place, all New Zealanders not in essential services will be asked to stay at home. Current talk is of a month of level 4.
During this time the Screen Industry Guild want to be able to provide advocacy for it’s members through this crisis.
We are talking to central government on behalf of our members to advocate for assistance that can benefit our members to get through this crisis.
- The government is offering various wage subsidies and financial assistance. The guild will get further advice for our members of the best options and methods to access assistance. See the link below for the latest information on wage subsidies and the application process.
- If you have concerns and questions, please get in touch. We may not have all the answers, but we can ask the questions more directly to the government to try to work through any problems.
- We may send out some surveys periodically to capture the challenges the screen sector is facing to better assist ongoing dialogue with the government.
- Both council and central government screen organisations are in regular dialogue with the major industry organisations, and everyone is looking at everything that can be done to assist us all.
- The Screen Sector COVID-19 Action Group has been created to address the immediate effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on our industry. This pan-sector team comprises many key screen industry guilds and organisations, as well as major stakeholders. This website will keep you informed on updates in the Screen Sector as we move through this time www.screenindustrynz.co.nz
Below are three links you may find useful. Safe To Talk, wage subsidy links, and coping with financial stress:
1) Safe To Talk is New Zealand’s national mental health helpline number.
It is free to text or call this number 1737 anytime to talk with a trained counsellor.
2) For wage subsidy information, application links and updates check this online page for the latest information: https://www.screenindustrynz.co.nz/wage-subsidy
3) This pdf discusses financial stress and lists contact information for various support groups and agencies.
We do urge you to contact us if you have any concerns or questions. We are here to support you at this time.